Test Text

  • Sacajawea FAQs
  • 1. When is camp in session and what are the hours of camp?

    Sacajawea Day Camp is in session for 10 weeks, starting on Monday, June 19, through Friday, August 25. You may sign up for as many weeks as you wish. 

    The camp day begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.

    Camp is CLOSED on Monday, July 4 in observance of the Independence Day holiday.

  • 2. What is a typical camp day like?

    Campers arrive in the morning and go directly to their unit. Staff will be available to direct the campers to their campsites. Your camper will put away their backpack & lunch, play get to know you games, take attendance, choose an activity for camper choice, and get ready for the day. They will go to a flag ceremony at 9:30am.

    After the flag ceremony, campers go to their first scheduled activity. Every day campers swim in the pool. The activities during the week may include archery, boating, arts & crafts, performing arts, nature, team building, zip line and climbing wall.  

    Everyone at camp eats lunch at 12pm. After lunch, we continue with our schedule.

    At 3:30pm, everyone meets back at the flag area for a closing flag ceremony and then dismissal.


  • 3. What is the cost of camp?

    Visit the Calendar and Pricing page on this website for a complete listing of programs, add-ons, and prices.

  • 4. What is the staff to camper ratio?

    The average ratio is one staff member for every 10 campers in a unit. A unit consists of approximately 36 campers. Staffing includes a unit leader and junior counselors. Counselor's in Training (CIT's) and Camp Aides may also be in the unit. When a unit goes to a program area such as archery or boating, the staff ratio changes with the addition of specialized counselors.


  • 5. What do you do if it rains?

    Camp goes on, so be sure to pack a poncho!

    When necessary, we adapt our activities to the weather. We have procedures for weather-related situations. We have shelters in camp as well as a Program Activity Center.

  • 6. Can my child be with her friends at camp?

    Basic camp campers may make a friend request during the registration process.  Our camp units are separated by the grade level the camper is entering in September 2017.

    Our units are divided as follows:

    • K -1st graders
    • 2nd-3rd graders
    • 4th-5th graders
    • 6th graders
    • 7th & older grades

    We make every effort to honor all requests, however, if a unit fills before a friend registers, it may not be possible to have the girls together. Please note that for CPA and Guard Start there is only one unit for each program and girls will automatically be together. Those campers participating in our equestrian programs will be in the same camp unit, but may be divided within the unit during the specialty portion of the day, depending on level of skill.  

    Girls may request to move down to a younger unit but may not move to an older unit. Such requests must be made in writing in an e-mail, by the parent making this request.. All of our activities are grade/age appropriately designed.

  • 7. Must I pay a registration fee for my child to attend camp?

    Girls who are not current members of Girls Scouts of the USA and all boys and all campers under age five must pay a registration fee.

    Girls ages 5-18 will be registered with our national office, Girl Scouts of the USA, as official members. This membership is valid until September 30, 2017, and allows all girls to participate in Girl Scout programs and activities from the time they pay this registration fee until the end of September 2017. (Ask us for more details!)

  • 8. What forms do I need to complete before my child attends camp?

    All forms must be completed online, with the exception of the Medical Authorization form, which needs to be printed, signed by a licensed medical professional and either faxed, scanned & e-mailed, mailed via the Post Office or dropped off to us.  ALL FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED AND/OR SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP. (The Medical Authorization Form must be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the program requiring this form. These programs/activities are:  All equestrian programs, the Guard Start program and the Instructional Swim option).

    • Health History  
    • Immunization Record
    • Code of Ethics
    • Policies & Reminders
    • Camper Information
    • Individualized Bus or Extended Care Details (if applicable)
    • Medical Authorization Form Acknowledgement (if applicable)
    • T-Shirt Size
    • Horse Release (for horse programs)


  • 9. Do I need to submit a Medical Authorization Form for my camper?

    If you are attending Basic Camp only, you do not need a doctor's signature.  While all campers enjoy a recreational swim each day (weather permitting), you may want to register your camper for our Instructional Swim program, along with Basic Camp. All campers registered for Instructional Swim must have on file, a completed Medical Authorization Form, signed by a licensed medical professional.

    If your camper is participating in horse camp, or Guard Start, a licensed medical professional will need to sign the Medical Authorization form as well.  

    If this form is not received no later two weeks prior to the campers first day of camp for each of these programs or activities, a late fee will be automatically charged to your payment account.

  • 10. How do I add After Camp Adventure or any other option to my existing camp registration?

    To add After Camp Adventure or any other option to your already existing weekly registration, please follow these quick and easy steps:

    1. Go to the My Account page
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look on the right side of the page for "Reservations"
    3. Click on "Reservations"
    4. Click on the binoculars for the week you would like to modify.  This will take you to the Reservation Detail for that particular week. (On the Right)
    5. Look for "Options" and click "Edit"
    6. Add the option of your choice, click Proceed to Payment and make your payment
  • 11. How do I apply for Financial Assistance?

    A request for financial assistance may be submitted for each registered girl, in Kindergarten and above, attending camp for the summer, 

    Please submit a letter of request to the Day Camp Registrar requesting financial assistance, with any extenuating circumstances you feel are important to your application. Also in your letter include the name of the program, the dates/week #, and the total cost requested.  If you are able to pay the registration fee (if your child is not already a current Girl Scout), please include the payment with your letter.  If you require assistance to pay the fee, please let us know.

    You MUST include a copy of your 2016 IRS tax form (1040, 1040A, etc.) along with any related schedules. Without proof of income, your application cannot be reviewed. 

    If you do not file taxes, please include financial documentation from an alternate source such as a social service agency, school or house of worship.

    Please note:  Your W-2 Wage and Earnings form is NOT acceptable.

    The maximum award is one week of camp per girl, however individual awards will vary based on the information you provide. The committee will review your request and notify you of their decision in a timely manner.

    Please submit all requests to:  Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore, 242 Adelphia Road, Farmingdale, NJ 07727, Attention:  Day Camp Registrar.


Contact Info


Sacajawea Day Camp is located in Farmingdale, New Jersey.

To contact Sacajawea Day Camp, please use the following addresses or contact us through email.


Sacajawea Day Camp
c/o Camp Registrar
242 Adelphia Road
Farmingdale, NJ 07727


Contact Us